Wednesday, 18 March 2009 17:52
WELCOME TO THE IIA INTERNET SECURITY PROJECT
The getnetsafe project. It has been quite apparent to many in the internet industry that some users are lacking in awareness of the nature and extent of security threats and the means by which they should be addressed.
The IIA identified the need for a wide scale, coordinated national approach to address this important issue. The establishment of an IIA Internet Security Portal was chosen as a focal means to deliver appropriate information, education and services to users.
The Portal provides information, links and other resources specifically aimed at users to increase their awareness of security related issues and equip them to adopt appropriate protective responses.
The goal of the Portal is to link existing knowledge networks and to bring together the best available information about internet security issues and solutions with the aim of:
- increasing users awareness of the issues;
- providing users with the means to adopt internet security management strategies;
- making available links to appropriate products and services;
- expanding the technical knowledge of users; and
- increasing the confidence of all users to the opportunities of e-commerce and e-banking.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 05 July 2011 18:03